Friday, October 22, 2010

What is in a Name?

Proverbs 22:1-2 (KJV) A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches; and loving favor rather than silver and gold. 2 The rich and poor meet together: the Lord is maker of all.

My grandfather Richard Patch tried to teach a little boy about what honor and  trust. That is the gold and silver we should be concerned with because they will benefit us not only here but in the hereafter. What we do is based on who we are and who we are is the direct result of the influences of our very early formative years.  Many believe that you are you by the age of just 3. Remember that the next time a 2 year old repeats something for they miss nothing.

To both my father Serge and my grandfather, your name was all that you are. And how you lived reinforced that name. Both men were the most truthful people I have probably ever know. You always knew where you stood and always for good reason.

But I learned loving favor from my grandma and my wife. Many call it Grace. I call it unrequited love that can only come from the Father. No matter which it is something that I desire to make more a part of who I am and what our family is about.

FullyRelyingOnGod

No comments:

Post a Comment