Monday, July 5, 2010

How Much Does God Get?

Back some 235 years ago there were a large population of men and women who had come to this place called America. A place of open air, lots of food and a place to come and worship Jesus Christ without the interference of the government. Men and women worked hard for what they had and were proud of their work. Many believed that they had reached the Promised land. They saw God all around them everyday. All aspects of life flowed through God.

He has made all that is and He made it for each of us to share. But do I have to share? No you don't have to share, but wait until you experience the joy of giving someone something that you enjoy and they don't expect. Not only do you get the joy of the item but also to share in the joy of the person you just shared with.

Where is God in you day? Do you find time for Him everyday or do you make time for Him everyday? Does He get you fresh or at the end of the day? If we want His best will we give Him our best? Do we really remember who He is? Often times we seem to think that He is a magic lamp and if you rub it you get the prize. He's Abba Father. He loves us and wants only the best for us and from us.

Yesterday was a day of retrospect for me. With a family of 12 here in GB and a handful 120 miles away and a parcel of kin in Kentucky, as well as California, New Mexico, Arizona, my roots run deep back to family like Paul Revere and the boys. We can daily stand with our country's founders. Living for the Lord means nothing more than remember to think of the world around you and how God would use you to bring glory to the Kingdom. How did God purpose it to be. Are my family going to remember me or are they going to remember that I lived and loved my Saviour? Do they follow my footsteps or are they walking in my footsteps because we are all following Jesus?

Not always an easy question to hear the answer to. Confession time. I am not the most benevolent head of the family. But God knows that, and thats why God tells us to follow Jesus and not Richard Swiger. Jesus knows where He is going because not only has He been there but He built the road there and back just for you. Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. So every day I look to God with the eyes and heart of a little child and I ask Him, "What are we going to learn today Lord?"

FullyRelyingOnGod

No comments:

Post a Comment